Monday, October 15, 2007

Cooking as therapy

When I'm tired, over-stressed, and ready to collapse, I find cooking is my new stress-relieving therapy. Usually, at the end of a long day, it's simple foods. Pasta with a little cheese and butter, and a nice mushroom sauce can be tossed together in about 10 minutes. Couscous, with a little care and flavor takes about the same amount of time. Maybe a nice veggie soup, if I have stock on hand already to start from. It forces you to slow down, and wait for the pot to come to a boil, for the butter to melt, and for you to pay attention to something that won't be frustrated with you, grumble, or fuss.

Cooking is excellent therapy. That said, expect to see more blogging from me in the near future, as I can only eat out so much, and well, my yelping will be just a part of what I have to say from here on out.

No comments: